Certified in More Than Words - Hanen program for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties . Kavita received her degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Toronto. After graduating from the University of Toronto, Kavita left to British Columbia to explore and gain work experience before returning home to Toronto. She has experience in assessment and treatment of both pediatric and adult clients in clinic, school, daycare and hospital settings.
Kavita is passionate about providing a fun, creative, and energetic environment for children to reach their maximum potential. Along with the below areas of practice, Kavita has experience utilizing the Social Thinking curriculum by Michelle Garcia Winner which is a fun program designed to teach social skills to children and adolescents with social deficits.
Outside of work, she enjoys playing softball, snowboarding, wakeboarding, and anything active.
Areas of Practice:
• Early language intervention
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Down Syndrome
• Speech sound therapy (articulation, phonological delays/disorders, childhood apraxia of speech)
• Language therapy (expressive and receptive language skills) for developmental language delay/disorders
• Alternative and/or Augmentative Communication (AAC)
• Voice therapy
• Fluency (stuttering)
• Social/pragmatic disorders
• Executive functioning (e.g. initiation of tasks, impulsivity, conversational topic maintenance, attention, memory, problem solving, planning, organization, etc.)
• Cognitive-communication intervention (following atraumatic brain injury)
||Speech Language Therapist
||Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT), Clinical Short Course in Cognitive-Communication Disorders – Level 1, Applied Behavioural Analysis with Verbal Behaviour, Cutting Edge Strategies to Improve Executive Function Skills, Introduction to the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)