- Our front desk staff, physicians and allied health care providers work as a team. Rude, abusive language (whether online, over the phone or in person) or violent behaviour will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal from our practice.
- Our Pediatricians work as a group. None of the Pediatricians are available everyday. If your child is ill or requires a semi-urgent appointment, you may need to see a Pediatrician in our office who is not your child’s primary doctor. Please schedule regular check-ups and immunizations with your child’s primary Pediatrician.
- Star Kids Clinic is not an urgent care facility. We do not guarantee same day appointments. However, we do our best to provide appointments in a timely manner – for sick visits, this means that your child may be seen within 1-2 days of the request.
- The front desk staff are not able to answer any questions regarding the care of your child. All health related questions must be directed to the Pediatrician and require an appointment.
- OHIP does not pay for all services that you request from our pediatricians that may still be essential for optimal care of your child. Services that OHIP does not pay for are called “uninsured services”. This may include notes, letters, forms and some medical services. All uninsured services must be paid in full when rendered; office staff will provide a receipt upon settlement of your account. Our office accepts all major credit cards and cash payments.
- Sick notes will no longer be provided for return to school or daycare, in keeping with recommendations from the Ontario Medical Association and Ministry of Education. Instead, we suggest that families may print and fill this form and provide it to their school or daycare.
- Our office does our best to run on time. Late patients may need to wait an hour or more until the Pediatrician is next available to be seen. In some cases, the appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- Families who repeatedly do not show up for appointments or cancel appointments with less than 24 hours notice may be dismissed from our office. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a $70 no-show fee. This applies to both in person visits, and virtual visits where the physician is not able to reach the patient
Book Now! What's New at the Clinic FAQs